You are here

Q: Can I get funding for a teacher training course in FE?
A: Check our financial incentives page for information but in short, apart from Student Loans, only in particular subject areas [maths, English]

Q: Do I need maths and English GCSEs to get a job as a teacher in FE?
A: There are no regulations about this as there are in schools but be aware some employers might ask for them. Usually however vocational experience is most highly prized.

Q: I used to teach part time years ago - can I still get a job or do I need to re-qualify?
A: There are no legal requirements to hold any particular qualification but an employer might require it. Best thing to do is to ask them what they expect.

Q: Can I teach in a school with a FE teacher qualification?
A: This is possible but often, if you have not also gained QTLS, you may be paid at a lower rate than other schools teachers. If your main aim is to teach in a school then you are probably best advised to do a schools' PGCE, for which your best source of information is the Get into Teaching website.

Q: Can I teach with assessor qualifications?
A: Again this is up to the employer but we recommend all those who are engaged in teaching should hold teaching qualifications